Wednesday 27 May 2009

Flash Triggers: Part 2 - Its Started!

I received my Arduino Duemilanove yesterday so last night I rushed off to Maplin's to buy myself a handfully of goodies to start playing around. I bought myself a bunch of LEDs a bag of resistors and a couple of tactile switches.

It was no trouble at all to get the board up and running on my XP machine and within a couple of minutes had my blinking LED program running. I have decided to work through a few of the tutorial posts before jumping into the 'Flash Trigger Project' just to refresh my electronics knowledge as its been about 16 years since I last had a play around, and that was going my GCSEs.

I have loads of thoughts on what I want to do with my project, and as I previously mentioned I managed to secure a couple to Stephen Eatons strobit boards that will be used for my final trigger. I will prototype using my Arduino Duemilanove board until all my bits to complete my strobit boards arrive. It also looks like I am going to have to wait about 14 days to receive the hope RF12B which is pretty annoying, but atleast it will give me more time to learn.

I will be posting up pictures and info as I work through some projects and will post up and code that I write that may be of use to others, but this blog entry is to say I've started, and Im excited......

No comments: